Accurate Pattern & Model, Inc. was started by brothers Bruce and Brian Williams in February 1985. It was located in Bruce’s basement and garage. The brothers had obtained journeyman status in patternmaking at previous employment. Their father is a patternmaker and was important in the development of their trade.
Karen (Bruce’s wife) helps keep track of finances as bookkeeper. Ironically, Karen’s grandfather & great-grandfather were also patternmakers. Bruce is always pleased to show off a collection of their tools from the late 1800’s.
- Accurate Pattern supplied its first customers with precision patterns for urethane molded parts and plaster molded aluminum castings.
- In 1986, Accurate Pattern was incorporated, with Bruce Williams as President.
- In May of 1987, with 6 employees, Accurate Pattern moved to its first separate location in Butler and obtained its first CNC machine.
- The business continued to grow and in September of 1988, Accurate Pattern moved to a 5200 square foot facility in Brookfield, WI. At that time Accurate Pattern employed 8 people.
- Accurate Pattern continued to be on the cutting edge of technology, adding CAD/CAM work stations and additional CNC capabilities. Software included Unigraphics, Solidworks, and Delcam PowerSHAPE & PowerMILL. They added inspection and digitzing service with the installation of a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) running PCDMIS and then Delcam PowerINSPECT software.
- Further service expansion included in-house vacuum forming, and large pattern, tool, & plug making for the fiberglass, vacuum forming, and marine industries. This included spray paint finishing with Duratec polyester, automotive urethane, and industrial Polane products for production and visual finishes.
- In 2002 the company shortened its name to Accurate Pattern, Inc. to better match the variety of services they offered and updated their logo to reflect the company’s state-of-the-art equipment and processes.
- In November of 2007, Accurate Pattern moved to its current location at 12833 W Glendale Ave, Butler, WI. The plant is 19,000 square feet of shop/office plus 5,000 of useable mezzanine. The new facility is arranged with efficiency and flow of work in mind.
Please contact Bruce Williams or Ernie Bull for a tour and details on how Accurate Pattern can help your business succeed!